How’s your week going? I’ve been beyond busy at the office, with a lot to accomplish before a business trip to Chicago next week. I don’t travel overly much for work, so when I do, I have to admit I really enjoy getting away, changing the scenery and catching up with my turkey industry friends.
But … with travel and all this office work to finish, it limits my blogging time, which bums me out! I really love to write and share my stories, photos and recipes with all of you and I miss it when I don’t blog as much as I’d like.
Luckily, my friend, Elizabeth, over at ReadySetEat, is willing to pick up the slack and share a good recipe with you all once in a while. Her recipes are always perfect for busy weeknights – using fresh ingredients but never overwhelming. If you’re like me, you have minimal time to get supper ready for hungry family members. I’ve got two boys – both Joe and Teacher Man – who are starving by the time they get home and are ready to eat!
So … in honor of National Chicken Month, I’ll turn it over to Elizabeth to share an amazing chicken recipe with you. And if you are in the mood to read some fun chicken facts, head over to my Agriculture.com blog where I posted all about chickens this week.
Hello everyone! This is Elizabeth again, writing on behalf of ReadySetEat, and I’m happy to be sharing another recipe on My Other More Exciting Self today. This recipe is for Chicken Noodle Primavera; September is National Chicken Month, so what better way to celebrate than by eating a delicious chicken recipe? This dish is packed with juicy chicken and crisp vegetables. It will only take thirty minutes to make, too.
With the weather transitioning from summer to fall, I’ve been trying my very best to fit in as many summer activities as possible–which includes making a variety of summery dishes. While this Chicken Noodle Primavera will still taste great even in winter, it’s a perfect dish to have now before the summer vegetables are done for the season. There are plenty of other seasonal foods to look forward to, though. Just this past weekend, I went to an apple orchard which had very recently opened for the coming fall. Even though chicken is fantastic all year round, don’t forget to have a few more chicken dishes this month to celebrate National Chicken Month!
Chicken Noodle Primavera
- 6 ounces Mueller’s® Wide Egg Noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise, sliced (1 med = about 2 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz. each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained
- 1 cup light Alfredo pasta sauce
- Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain remaining water. Return noodles to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink in centers, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add squash and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt; cook 3 minutes more, stirring frequently. Add vegetable mixture, cooked chicken, drained tomatoes, Alfredo sauce and reserved water to noodles; toss to coat. Heat 2 minutes more or until hot. Top with cheese, if desired.
If you are looking for any other dinner ideas, then simply swing by ReadySetEat.com. Hope you like the Chicken Noodle Primavera!