I’m trying something new today. A few weeks ago, I found a new blogger I really enjoy – Marisa from A Lovely Living. She blogs often about fashion, and I enjoy her sense of style – wearable, fun, age-appropriate (but in a good way) and definitely not high-end pieces I could never afford. (Sorry, but I’m not buying $190 jeans that are on sale. I’m just not. If you’re that kind of blogger, good for you – but chances are I’m not a regular follower.) She’s also a busy mom and wife and includes stories and pictures of her family and throws in a good recipe once in a while, too. In other words … she’s very relate-able to me. Except that I can tell she is way taller, for which I will forever be jealous. ;)
Every Friday she links up with other bloggers from around the country for “High Five for Friday!”. Everyone shares five things from the week – photos, funny stories, everyday moments, whatever. I think it sounds like a great way to end every week, so here’s my first attempt:
1) This is what I see almost every weekday morning – Joe, pretending to sleep so he doesn’t have to get up and get ready for school, along with Earl the #pug, patiently waiting for either a) Joe to wake up, or 2) me to come in and pick him up and take him downstairs to get some breakfast. Earl, as many of you know, is nearly 14 and cannot jump on or off beds (or chairs or couches) anymore – in fact, we need to carry him down steps, too. But he’s got the biggest heart of any dog I know and he loves cuddling up with Joe. And really, how could you resist that pug face? It’s impossible!
2) Once I got downstairs this morning and let the dog out to do his business, I noticed it was actually pretty dang chilly out. (If you look closely, you can see frost on the lawn.) Thankfully, I had pulled in my hibiscus plant along with my succulents a few days ago, so they warmed up our porch with color. My plan is to over-winter these pots inside – this worked last winter so wish me luck. I’m really good at gardening outside, but not always the best at remembering to water my indoor plants. It’s a weird genetic defect or something.
3) Speaking of gardens, I took this photo of my Limelight Hydrangea (dwarf variety) this morning and I am totally IN LOVE with the color. These are fast becoming my favorite plants in my garden.
4) My sister is going to be so jealous! And now that I think of it, my mom would look totally adorable in these. Behold … my newest pair of shoes, old school Converse sneakers! I happened to get a coupon in the mail from DSW Shoe Warehouse for my birthday, and well, I just had to use it before the end of September. I mean, I just HAD to.
5) I leave you with #MyGirlMorgan, who will soon turn 10 months old. We’re heading to my sister’s tomorrow to see her (well, and the guys are going pheasant hunting). This little bug is crawling now, which will be so fun! (I say this as an auntie, not a mom who needs to get stuff done around the house.) While the guys hunt, the girls + Joe are planning to do a little shopping. My sister needs some new work clothes and Joe is in desperate need of a winter jacket. The thing with Minnesota in October is, the weather can go from sweatshirt to parka time in about 30 seconds flat, and currently I am totally unprepared. Joe is less than enthused about shopping, typically, but as long as Morgan is going, I don’t get the eye roll or one single complaint. It’s good to have adorable cousins!
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
I’m linking up for High Five for Friday! with The Lauren Elizabeth and The Diary of a Real Housewife.